As an organization, it is your prime responsibility to invest in a powerful tool that smoothens the communication process and helps interact with your prospects and customers effectively and efficiently. This is an exceptional way that contribute to business growth, secure new opportunities, forge meaningful connections, and convert as many leads as possible which is essential for any business.
Organising territory both inside and outside the border is necessary for an organization to not just mark their presence but it is also responsible to create new opportunities, reach new customers, nurture them and most essentially, increase the number of leads under your sales funnel.
WhatsApp is the ultimate messaging app highly accessible to people all over the world including prospects and clients. With its omnipresence and huge popularity, this platform makes communication meaningful and personalised.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Implementation can bring a lot of advantages to your business. Its multichannel campaigns and potential to build a personalised, tailored journey for every customer across multiple channels and devices have been incredible. This is a holistic service platform responsible for mapping customer journeys and you can even integrate one more powerful tool i.e. WhatsApp into your communication channel.
Continue reading this blog to find what benefits WhatsApp Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration can provide to businesses anda simple guide to its integration process:
WhatsApp Integration With Salesforce Marketing Cloud
With over 2 billion users currently, WhatsApp has become the most intuitive mobile messaging platform, with over 100 million messages sent every single day.
By integrating with WhatsApp's official consulting partner, Sinch, Salesforce Marketing Cloud has expanded its horizons, opening up new avenues for omnichannel engagement. This Salesforce-WhatsApp collaboration will revolutionize customer engagement, utilise Salesforce's Contact Builder and Journey Builder to connect with customers and promise to draw more customer engagement than ever before.
Be it cross-selling initiatives, account creation notifications, live support features, or after-sales services, the integration of WhatsApp with Salesforce Marketing Cloud enhances these aspects by constructing a comprehensive value chain.
Benefits of WhatsApp-Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration
The partnership of the WhatsApp Business messaging within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, utilizing the capabilities of Contact Builder, Content Builder, and Journey Builder, results in heightened audience engagement and an enhanced conversion for leads. Here are some amazing features that elaborate on the added benefits of WhatsApp messaging on Salesforce Marketing Cloud, resulting in increased communication and connection with customers.
1. New and Effective Communication Channel: With WhatsApp as a communication channel, organizations can drive effective and meaningful engagements and easily manage marketing campaigns with each of their clients and leads.
2. Create a Secure, Tailored Customer Journey: Journey Builder is an excellent tool that allows businesses to craft personalised multi-channel journeys. With WhatsApp as an additional communication channel within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you can effectively interact with customers and utilize the capabilities of Journey Builder and WhatsApp collaboration.
3. Customer Engagement: Choosing Marketing Cloud is extremely important for enhancing customer engagement. WhatsApp business messaging with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration will help organizations keep their customers close and engaged by maintaining regular communication.
4. Extended Reach: WhatsApp is a widely popular platform available to a large number of audiences and prospects therefore, enterprises can interact through WhatsApp and reach as many customers as possible.
5. Learn More About Your Customers: With the WhatsApp-Salesforce Marketing Cloud Integration, organizations can better know customer preferences and upcoming demands, which ultimately helps provide a better buying experience.
6. Personalized Experiences: WhatsApp enables marketers and organizations to personalize small information that is being dropped into the Chatbox of the customer. When coupled with the AI insights of Salesforce and other sources, WhatsApp can drastically help in delivering personalised customer experiences with intelligent marketing, and recommendations and sharing relevant information with them.
That’s not all, features offered by Salesforce Marketing Cloud are limitless and available exclusively to all its users, allowing businesses to carry out all the marketing strategies and campaigns successfully.
Steps to Integrate WhatsApp Business Platform With Salesforce Marketing Cloud
While integrating WhatsApp with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, there is a defined procedure that needs to be followed so there are no obstacles in your communication process with your customers:
1. WhatsApp Message Types and Use Cases
WhatsApp has classified the types of messages you can send through the marketing cloud: Template and Session.
a. Template Messages:
These are transactional messages like order confirmations, payment receipts, and abandoned cart reminders. WhatsApp approves these messages to ensure they do not contain promotional content.
b. Sessional Messages:
These messages are typically responses to user-initiated conversations. There are no specific approval requirements or limits for these messages. You can utilize inbound chat entry sourcing in the Journey Builder for these messages.
2. Get Started with WhatsApp Chat Messaging
To start conversing with your customers, follow these steps:
- Pull the WhatsApp message activity onto your canvas.
- Now to purchase the SKUs (stock-keeping units), click WhatsApp Message Activity.
- Download the package from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Install this package by opening your Marketing Cloud account.
- Allocate the user for this package in the Access Tab.
- Now, log out and log back into your Marketing Cloud account.
- In the Last, find the Chat Messaging Setup in the App Exchange dropdown and validate your account to complete the process.
3. Create a WhatsApp Business Account
Having aWhatsApp business account to send WhatsApp messages is important. To set up the WhatsApp messaging account, you need to locate the available and in-use SKUs (stock-keeping units) in your account. Under the Appexchange heading, click on Chat Messaging Setup and create your account by entering all the essential details. Always ensure to get your account verified by the Facebook Business Manager.
4. Build WhatsApp Business Channels
Once your business account gets verified, you can find it under the “Onboarded Account” section. Now you should create your WhatsApp channel, go to Channels in the left navigation and add all the details for your channel, authenticate it with two-factor authentication, and complete it all by submitting your request.
5. Create WhatsApp Template Messages for Approval
You can start putting efforts into your template for WhatsApp transactional messages. These messages require approval before sending them to customers. You can send session messages until they are approved. In the left navigation, under Message Template, create the template as per your preferences and needs and then submit a request for approval.
6. Create WhatsApp Audiences
You can build your audience in Contact Builder when you are deciding to send WhatsApp chat messages.
a. Personalize WhatsApp Template Messages
Content Builder in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud can work as an ultimate tool for making your content more resourceful for your audience. You can personalize template messages using various tools available in the content builder once they are approved.
b. Send WhatsApp Template Messages In Journey Builder
Once you personalize your template messages, you can deliver them using Journey Builder by following the below steps:
- Click on the ‘Create New Journey’ icon.
- Now Click ‘Build’ under Multi-step Journey.
- Bring your entry source to your canvas (you can either take help from an API event or Data Extension).
- Configure the entry source and then click Summary, and Done.
- Add the WhatsApp Message activity to your canvas, and configure your message.
- Add an activity name and description, then click Select Message.
- You can choose the template message of your choice in the Content Builder messages.
- Now click on Summary and Edit beside Message Configuration.
- From the dropdown, you can pick the app channel you want to use.
- Lastly, click on “Summary” and “Done.”
- Ensure to configure the remaining journey to activate it.
7. Create Default WhatsApp Session Messages
With WhatsApp Administration, you can create a default session message to reply to your users. It is advised to deliver users' messages with support contact details.
8. Deliver WhatsApp Session Messages In Journey Builder
You can trust Journey Builder to start the messaging procedure as soon as you finish personalizing your session messages. Here are the important steps to follow:
- Click on “Create New Journey”.
- Then locate “Build” under “Multi-step Journey.”
- Bring the Inbound Chat entry source onto your canvas and configure it.
- Click on your entry source and switch to Edit.
- You can choose the app channel of your choice from the dropdown.
- Click on “Keyword” to configure it.
- Click on “Summary” and then “Done.”
- Drag your WhatsApp Message activity to your canvas to add an activity name and description. Now click on “Select Message.”
- You can choose the session message from the Content Builder messages.
- Now click on Summary, and then go to Edit beside Message Configuration.
- From the dropdown, you can select the app channel you want to use.
- Lastly, click on “Summary” and “Done.”
9. WhatsApp Chat Message Analytics
WhatsApp Chat Message Analytics helps you track your active journey. It doesn’t directly give opt-out information to brands. By analyzing message bounces, brands can identify opt-out rates. This analysis also lets users know who are offline and messages that got bounced.
10. Build a Chat Messaging Data Extract
You can use Automation Studio and Contact Builder to create chat messaging data extracts and understand more about your message metrics.
If you wish to provide your customers with a unique and personalized communication experience, then contact Dotsquares’ Salesforce experts today, they can help you successfully integrate WhatsApp With Salesforce Marketing Cloud!
- Explore the features and benefits of Salesforce Experience Cloud
- Driving Success with Dotsquares: 5 Key Benefits of Salesforce Managed Services
- Collaborative Expansion: Strengthened Ties Between Salesforce and Google
- Unveiling the Salesforce Einstein Analytics Powerhouse: From Insights to Action
- Revolutionizing Retail with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Mastering Automation in Salesforce: A Comparative Exploration of Flow and Apex
- Salesforce Unveils New Slack User Experience Designed for Focus and Productivity
- Utilizing AI and Data Strategies in Salesforce CRM for eCommerce Success
- The Future of Online Retail: A Deep Dive into Salesforce B2C Commerce
- Understanding the Role of RAML in MuleSoft: Benefits for End Users